Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Little Army Man

Alright, so life has taken over our house... I know Zach's birthday was almost 2 months ago... I know I haven't posted pictures... but I'll explain that later.

For now, we enter the combat zone.



I found a lot of army style party decorations and used them as a starting point. I took some pictures of the birthday boy and displayed them on the table along with little army men and print outs of the Army Seal.



Instead of packing up favors, I set up a goody table. I had some small toys, stickers, and candy. I made this little sign to sit on the table...



I included some special survival goodies...



For his cake, I made a fudge marble cake. With the yellow half of the batter, I added food coloring to make it green and then swirled it together with the brown. When we cut into the cake, the inside was camo!

For the top, I frosted it with fudge frosting and then decorated it with chocolate pieces. I made the pieces by hand-piping chocolate onto wax paper that was laid over a print out of the logo.


He had a lot of fun! Thank you to everyone who was able to celebrate with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment