Saturday, March 31, 2012

An update...

Wow. As usual time slipped away from me and I failed to blog about what has been going on again... and now there seems to be so much for me to say.

The Basics -
Bryan is still working hard at his job, sacrificing himself for the sake of myself and the kids.

The kids are both growing up fast. They continue to do very well in school and their classmates and teachers tell me how much they are missed when they are not in class. They both went to the dentist recently. They both had some small cavities to be filled and they handled it much better than I anticipated. They have found a new love in brushing their teeth 3 times a day and flossing. :) It makes me realize that as adults, we should try to find the excitement in things like that. Although, I have to admit, I am not dying to brush my teeth when I get up in the morning...

We've made some other changes in our normal routine and the kids are really taking to it. We have started having a study/story time at night. I read a Bible story and we talk about it together. It has helped me a lot. I take my own time to read, study, and pray, but it is just as important that I share some of that with my children. They should learn and grow to enjoy that time as much as I do. With their spring break coming up next week, so many of their friends and our family are on vacation - I have decided to take time each day next week to do special activities with them. They love arts and crafts, so each day next week we are going to learn a new story, talk about the meaning, and do a craft to go with the lesson. :) I am always surprised at how much they learn from these moments...

Last week, Bryan's family threw a baby shower for me! It was a lovely evening with family and a few very close friends. We got a lot of wonderful gifts. I am so blessed to have such caring people surrounding me down here. :)

I have been working on some baby projects (clothes, wipes case, burp cloths, blankets, and boppy covers) and I will try and post on those projects later.

I have been doing fairly well, health wise. We had a small hiccup the other evening/morning. I spent several hours in pre-term labor. They were able to give me two shots of medication and stop the progression. I am now planning on taking it VERY easy for the next 5-7 weeks. We have almost everything we need for baby Caleb, but we definitely want him to wait a little longer before trying to make his debut. It has been hard lately for me to relax. I struggle with trying to take care of the house, the kids, the dog, my hubby, and myself. I have had to step back a lot. We have a lovely family friend who is coming to clean the house until the baby comes. The dog has adjusted to waiting for Bryan to come home to have someone to play with. She is very well behaved for a 10 month old puppy. The kids are able to do quite a lot for themselves, but they are having a hard time adjusting to the idea that Mommy cannot do certain things anymore. They often give me a difficult time with attitude and fighting one another, but I know it will pass. This Sunday will be my last day in the Sunday school class at church. I will miss it SO MUCH! I know I need some time to rest though. There has been a lot of stress outside of our house lately. Drama between family and friends and problems with Bryan's work... It breaks my heart. I know the last thing I need right now is stress, so I have had to step back from the situations and put my health and the safety of the baby first. I love the people involved, but I know if I let the problems get to me it will just stress me out. I have to step back and just leave it up to God. I'll be praying for everyone and the situations, but I will not let myself get sucked into the drama...

I have my last day of work for Home-2-Home (my business) today. I have two short photo sessions to shoot and then edit. After I am done with them, I will close up the shop until we get settled in to a routine with the baby.

Hopefully, after this week, my life will calm down and I can relax and keep myself healthy and calm while we wait for May 18th to come. That is most likely the day we will go to the hospital for our planned c-section and welcome baby Caleb into our lives.

I have several posts I plan on writing in the next few days. We will see if I get to them or if I get carried away again... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment