Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kids... all 4 of them...

Now that I updated everyone about myself... how about an update on my kids.

First off. Angel. My furry baby. She is overweight since I can't take her for regular walks. She sheds like crazy, which means I need to vacuum every other day or it gets nasty. She is also way too protective of me and the house. She growls and barks whenever anyone comes in the house. She growls and barks when she hears a car outside. She does okay with the kids, especially given how much Caleb harasses her. She really needs some space to run and play and get exercise.

Caleb. Clingy. Cute. He bites and throws things. He sits in the hall or by the front door and bangs his head against the wall. He flops on the floor and throws tantrums. He gets in to everything. We have kitchen chairs barricading areas of the house where he is not allowed. He eats all the time, because he burns it off so fast. He never stops. He is always moving. He gets mad if we are out somewhere and I leave him. He will only leave me for Bryan. Otherwise, he screams and cries. He is slowly coming out of that though... He is completely off the bottle and has started sleeping most the night or all night. Next step is potty training, I guess...I'll probably start when Ayla and Zach go back to school next month.

Zachary. Climbing, jumping, running, sliding, my monkey-of-a-son. He is usually covered in bruises or scrapes from his most recent adventure. He can't talk without yelling most of the time. You have to tell him about 4 or 5 times before he listens. He takes 20 minutes to eat a snack and half the time he doesn't even finish his food. He is talking better and is doing well reading, so school this year should be a great help for him. And he has a birthday coming up. FUN!

Ayla. She had her 8th birthday - and her first sleepover party! She just had her 8 year check up this morning. She is very healthy - good hearing, okay sight, good height and weight. She does have a problem. She is anxious. She worries about everything. Her biggest problem right now is causing nightmares, tummy aches, anxiety, separation problems. She is scared that I am going to die. She has to 'check' every 10 minutes at home to make sure I am still there. She won't go play with other kids. She won't spend the night anywhere. She won't even sit with other people at church. We are taking steps to fix that issue. It breaks my heart that she worries so much about things. She should be having fun and enjoying being an 8year old girl...

And so all of that - plus my health problems and our current financial situation - means we don't make it out much. We haven't done much of anything all summer. But I am hoping to change that, even (actually especially) if it means that my kids have to spend time away from me. I'm not sure I believe it when I say it, but it is actually better for all of us if they could spend more time away from me... just not sure how to make that happen right now.

So I guess if anyone out there reads this and wants to 'borrow' my kids for a day, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment